Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Holy Mission Blog, Batman!



04/27/16

This is my mission blog! Typing those words feels surreal. I've wanted to serve a mission since I was 14, and I can't believe it's finally my time to go! I'm going to love serving in the Virginia Chesapeake mission. As soon as I read those words on my call I felt the overwhelming sense that it was the perfect place for me. Everyone talks about being called to a mission so they can teach specific people, but I have a strong feeling that I'm being sent to Virginia so that specific people can teach me. The 18 months that I'm gone are going to be full of adventures. I'm going to be challenged in ways I've never been challenged before. I'm going to experience heart-ache, and stress, and grief, and so many other things that I cannot even begin to fathom. But I'm also going to learn to love in a capacity I've never been able to before. I'm going to truly be able to put others before myself for the first time in my life. And above everything else, I'm going to grow closer to the Father in Heaven that I've grown to know and love so much. The gospel is true. It's wonderful, and beautiful, and true. I'm so incredibly thankful for this opportunity I'll have to serve my Father, and I can't wait to share my journey with you all!

love,
Sister Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment