Sunday, August 14, 2016

Holy Lightning Strike, Batman!

8/1/16   Today was p-day! I love p-days. We had the hermanas come over and we ate popcorn and chocolate and watched 17 miracles! They’re really great girls, I really liked them!
 Tuesday was interesting hahaha. When we started biking, it was pouring rain. We had just barely gone onto 17 when lightning struck a tree that was basically 10 feet away from us. Our hair stood up, our joints were aching, and I was freaking out haha. We were soaked from head to toe, and I no longer felt safe biking  in that weather so we pulled into Wendy’s and had the elders pick up our bikes.
Thursday was a rollercoaster of emotions! We just kept finding things to do though, and we ended up teaching three lessons and we got one new investigator! the things we teach here are true! That was a major blessing. Though the beginning of the day was rough, we actually ended up seeing a ton of success which was wonderful.
Friday  I can now say I’m a real missionary. I crashed my bike for the first time today haha. For no reason I suddenly slammed on my front break and I flipped over the handle  bars hahaha. I was lying on my back with the bike right on top of me and I just started laughing hysterically. I got a pretty bad gash on my knee, but other than that I’m unscathed. The Lord protects His missionaries!
Saturday: Tonight, Sister Eddington and I had a batman party! We played with the batman masks mom sent me and used the batman fliers and fun stuff.
 Fast Sunday:  Church was amazing, though. I got to play “Redeemer” during relief society which was amazing! I made people cry, in a good way hopefully. I love how powerful music is.
We had to figure out how to reach the ceilings, when washing walls for a Sister.  This was our genius idea!  Once a cheerleader, always a cheerleader?
Tomorrow morning we’re going to the beach to watch a sunrise! It’ll be super, super early so I hope we have enough energy to make it through the day. This was a fantastic week, though. So many answered prayers. I love Yorktown, and I love love LOVE the members in this ward. Seriously, they’re some of the most amazing people I’ve met! I feel so blessed to get to serve them J

No comments:

Post a Comment