Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Holy Loaves and Fishes, Batman!

Sister E and I got to tour the Yorktown battle fields today! That was pretty cool. This was kind of an intense p-day though to be honest.
I had to spend some of my mission provided money (the 150 bucks the mission gives me to buy food and stuff) on unforeseen expenses, like mini scriptures and stuff like that. I didn’t buy any groceries today because I only had $2.50 left in my account. On my mission I’ve developed an apple obsession. I’ve gone through a 5 pound bag of apples each week haha. Sister E makes fun of me for it. I didn’t have enough money to buy even one apple this week, but after we got home from Yorktown I’d gotten a package in the mail from mom! Not only did it have apples, but other fun food which was such a blessing. I have enough food right now to eat oatmeal for breakfast everyday the next week, and enough bread for a turkey sandwich every day the next two. But that package meant I’ll be able to have snacks in between those meals which was such a blessing haha. Mom and Jeff were definitely inspired to send me that! I love mom so much. 
                Today we got to heart attack a member’s house because it was their daughter birthday! To “heart attack”, means that we cut out paper hearts and tape them all over the front of their house and yard.   You could tell it meant a lot to them so it was definitely a great use of our time. After that, we tracted a street in Kiln Creek. We kept getting dirty looks and almost every single house we went to people yelled at us because soliciting is against the neighborhood rules. Well… Missionaries aren’t selling anything. We aren’t solicitors. We aren’t breaking any laws haha. That was incredibly frustrating.
                We had a loaves and fishes miracle! I thought I’d be living off of nothing but bread, turkey, and oatmeal these next two weeks. We were supposed to have dinner with the C family tonight, but they called around 3 to let us know they actually had a meeting to attend and they had to reschedule, but they brought us Café Rio for dinner! That Café Rio burrito will last me another 3 meals. On top of that, before they brought us the food, another family texted us asking if we wanted to eat dinner with them tonight! So I’ll get to have Café Rio for the next 3 days. The Lord has definitely been blessing me with food, what with the apples in the care package from mom yesterday and the unexpected meals from members! And setting a financial goal for myself is what has brought these miracles to pass! The Lord will always help you achieve the goals you set.
                That reminds me, yesterday brother M told us that in every apartment he was in on his mission, he hung the number 69. He never told his companions why, but he put up 69 every where. Why? Well, the person who had baptized the most people in his mission of all time had baptized 68 people. He set that goal for himself, and he saw that number on a daily basis. By the end of his mission, Brother M baptized 69. He bore his testimony on the importance of setting goals that seem impossible, and Heavenly Father will help you reach them!

No comments:

Post a Comment