Sunday, July 17, 2016

Holy Last days in the MTC, Batman

Sister G shared a few stories tonight I really needed to hear. The biggest takeaway I got was "You can't make anyone love you. But YOU can always choose to love." Oh my gosh, I was literally bawling. It was embarassing haha. Sister G may be the most amazing person I've ever met. She's so genuine. I really hope I learn to be more like her on my mission. We then had a mini testimony meeting with our district, and basically everyone cried. This was our last class as a district with everyone. The elders going to North Carolina leave bright and early Monday morning. We were all emotional wrecks. 

Other great advice from Sister G: "Never forget to ask what to pray for." 

Words can't even express how wonderful today was. I feel so much love in my heart for my district. It's crazy how quickly you grow attached to people you're forced to spend 24/7 with haha. 

We had another temple walk, which was cool. 

Then we had dinner together for the last time as a district which was pretty sad. 

Then we had a closing devotional. It was honestly amazing! We talked about all the different ways we've grown since coming into the MTC. We also learned about the importance of opening our mouths. We're authorized members of the church, and with that comes power. 

Our other Sunday devotional tonight was also incredible. We talked about the importance of letting the investigators feel the love we have for them. We need to try to let them feel of the love our Heavenly Father has for them through us. He said, "What Would Jesus Do? What Would Jesus Feel?" which was a pretty remarkable concept. On my mission, I need to make sure my focus is trying to get the investigators to feel what the Savior would want them to feel in that moment. If they feel unforgiven, I need to let them feel foriveness. If they feel unloved, I need to let them experience love. I can't do any of that without the Spirit. 

Heading to Virginia tomorrow and will miss P-day.  I really miss everyone and love when you email or send mail.  

My new mailing address is:  Sister Jessica Taylor Fisher, 
                                             1400 E Piccadilly Loop
                                             Yorktown, VA  23692

No comments:

Post a Comment