Saturday, July 30, 2016

Holy Almost Apartment Fire, Batman!

This was an amazing week. Missions are incredible; I really can't even begin to describe how wonderful things have been. I have never been this happy in my life!

I truly have the best trainer ever, I love Sister E so much! We saw so many miracles this week. Wednesday, we managed to get two new investigators and committed one of them to a baptismal date! My favorite day of the week, however, was probably Friday. Friday we set a goal of getting 4 new investigators by the end of the day. We prayed about it, and did everything in our power to make that goal a reality. Well, everything we tried fell through.  Potential after potential closed their doors in our faces, and we found no success in any of the areas we tracted. But with that goal we had set, we worked as hard as we possibly could. I went to bed that night with zero energy because we had given our absolute best. It was an amazing feeling. Even though we didn't meet our goals, we couldn't have done anything more than we did. I want to finish every day of my mission like that. To me, a successful missionary doesn't have to convert a single person. As long as I can go to bed every single day knowing I gave it everything I have, I know I'll serve a successful mission!

Funny story of the week: I may or may not have almost caught our apartment on fire trying to kill a bug. I hate bugs. Sister E was laughing hysterically. It was quite an adventure

Anyway, James 1:26, "Pure religion‍ and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit‍ the fatherless‍ and widows‍ in their affliction, and‍ to keep himself unspotted‍ from the world."

I was doing a study on charity in the scriptures this past week and a half and that beautiful scripture from the New Testament really stuck out to me. Pure religion is charity. Charity is the pure love of Christ! Therefore, helping others find religion is helping others experience the pure love of Christ. The love of Christ is one of the most beautiful things any of us can ever experience. Christ was perfect, so it's really the only way any of us will experience what perfect love can feel like. I love Christ so much, and that's the only way I can truly convey how happy I am. I get to share the pure love of Christ with people living without it on a daily basis. How blessed am I?

I love you all dearly, and you're all in my prayers. Yorktown is my favorite place in the whole world. I'm so, so lucky!

I love Sister E. I love serving with her ha ha. We get through the day joking and laughing while still staying focused on working hard. She’s so patient with me, especially as I continue struggling to figure out how to bike ha ha ha. Work doesn’t have to feel like work, especially if you think about the people you’re serving. I find I’m my happiest the less I think about myself.

I love Virginia. I love my Heavenly Father. I’m so incredibly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment